Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Stop Motion Can Be Fun

Unfortunately, it can also be very, very time consuming. You really have to have a lot of patience to do it. It took me about two hours to work out a five second clip.


That's what I did last night, I worked nonstop for two hours on a stop motion video that turned out to be five seconds. I've edited it a little more, and I think it's turned out fairly well. I don't know how long the whole thing will be, but it won't be an hour and a half long. Maybe two minutes if I'm lucky. I would love to tell you what it's about, but I don't really know myself. All I know is that it’s about a teenage, gothic-ish girl who is alone for the majority of the film. She goes through a few things alone; during the last few seconds, a boy joins her. They’ll probably kiss, and BOOM. Movie over. At first it was just the girl going through a few days alone and then the boy appearing, but it’s turned into much more than that. Right now all I’ve got is a thunder storm scene, a little five-second thunder storm.



Christmas is quickly approaching, as are finals and Future Problem Solving Competitions (actually it’s been changed to GIPS…). I know I’m going to be getting a tablet for Christmas, whether my parents get it or I have to get it myself, which means I’ll finally be able to update decent art to my deviantArt (it might even make Stop Motion easier for me, maybe) and make the blog prettier. I don’t know exactly what I’m going to do with the blog, but my friend Anna (who has this amazing, pretty, gorgeous blog) might help me with it. I can’t wait to make this boring thing pretty and sparkly and nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment